this is another dish that is perfect for christmas morning! we are breakfast people, and it takes no time to make this casserole. i just make it the day before, for instance christmas eve, and pop in the oven as everyone is opening gifts. it is very decadent and perfect for special occasions.
- 6 croissants - cut lengthwise
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 stick butter - softened
- 1/2 cup syrup -
- 6 eggs -
- 1 1/2 cup half and half -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla -
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon -
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- generously butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- cut croissants in half lengthwise and place in bottom of the dish. if you prefer, you can tear them into pieces.
- in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and maple syrup with a hand mixer. dollop the mixture over the croissants.
- combine the eggs, half and half, vanilla and cinnamon well in another bowl. mix well and pour over top of the croissants.
- cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- bake uncovered for 30 - 45 minutes, until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- serve with powdered sugar, syrup and/or fresh berries.
like nuts? toss them in!