this pizza is amazing! we had to resist the urge to eat the bbq chicken with some potato salad and beans once it came off the grill! try with different kinds of bbq sauces. you will be surprised at the different flavor components.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil - divided
- 2 raw chicken breasts -
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce - divided
- 16 ounces fresh or homemade pizza dough - (link below)
- 2 cups italian five cheese blend -
- 1 roma tomato - seeded, chopped
- 3 scallions - chopped
- preheat an outdoor or indoor grill and lightly oil the grate.
- preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt/pepper to taste. once the grill is hot, add the chicken breasts and let cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side basting with 1/4 cup of the bbq sauce as it cooks. once the chicken is cooked through, remove from the grill and allow to cool. once cool enough to handle, chop the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- you can find my homemade pizza dough recipe here.
- lightly flour a cutting board. roll the dough out, stretching to about 11 inches in diameter (or thinner if you like thin crust). brush about 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over the crust. sprinkle on the italian cheeses, bbq chicken and tomato. drop dots of the remaining bbq sauce sporadically over the pizza. bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until browned. remove from oven and garnish with chopped scallions.
don't forget about frozen pizza dough if you do not feel like making fresh! frozen pizza dough is amazing. it is made by professionals and tastes like it! if i do not feel like making my own dough, it is very easy to defrost some out of the freezer.