the hubby decided the wanted burgers for dinner. if it was up to him, he would eat burgers every day. i knew i had some potatoes in the pantry, so i thought, oh... i want some potato salad. but today, i was feeling a little antsy, for lack of a better word. i wanted something special. not no regular ol' potato salad! i wanted to spice some thangs up a bit. lol. so i started raiding my refrigerator. i'm sure everything in my fridge gets nervous when i do this. i start eyeballing every item in there, hoping something pops out at me. then, the frank's buffalo sauce slapped me in the face. just kidding. but i knew right then what i wanted to do. the hubby had taken the kids to the park and when they returned, the smell hit them when they walked in the door. the bacon-y, buffalo-y yummy smell. once they tasted the potato salad, they LOVED it. i mean, tore it up! it's definitely a keeper.
- 1 lb potatoes -
- 6 slices bacon -
- 1/2 cup mayo -
- 1/4 cup sour cream -
- 1/4 cup franks buffalo sauce -
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard -
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce -
- 1 large garlic clove - grated
- 2 stalks celery - chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley - chopped
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- remove the skin from the potatoes and cut the potatoes in large thick pieces. place the potatoes in a large pot. cover the potatoes with cold water, salt the water generously and bring to a boil.
- boil the potatoes until fork tender. pour the potatoes into a strainer and set aside.
- meanwhile, add the bacon strips to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- bake in the preheated over for 20 - 25 minutes, turning over once until crispy.
- move the bacon to a plate, lined with paper towels to drain. once cool enough to handle, chop into pieces.
- for the sauce - add the mayo, sour cream, buffalo sauce, dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, and grated garlic to a large bowl. season with salt/pepper to taste and mix until combined.
- add the reserved hot potatoes to the large bowl over the sauce. add the celery, parsley and reserved chopped bacon to the bowl as well.
- toss and serve hot or cold.