i received tons of my favorite candy, peanut m&m's for my birthday. i wanted to find another way to enjoy them. this did the trick! this dough is great to freeze, as well. wrap the cookie dough log in saran wrap and place in a freezer bag. it is ready for cookies when you are!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter - room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar -
- 1/2 cup white sugar -
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter -
- 2 eggs -
- 2 teaspoons vanilla -
- 2 cups all purpose flour -
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder -
- 1 teaspoon baking soda -
- 1/2 teaspoon salt -
- 1 1/2 cups peanut m&m candies - lightly crushed
- 1/4 cup peanut m&m candies - finely crushed
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- in a large bowl, using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars. add the peanut butter and process until smooth. mix in the eggs one at a time and then add vanilla. mix until incorporated.
- in a small bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- add in the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and continue mixing until just combined. fold in the 1 1/2 cup lightly crushed peanut m&m candies. put the batter in saran wrap and roll out into a log. freeze or refrigerate until firm. then roll the cookie log over the finely crushed peanut m&m pieces. refrigerate until ready to use. slice the log into 1/2 inch rounds, place on a cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes. the cookies will be extremely soft when they come out of the oven. allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.