you know what? i am glad that the hubby has guy's night every thursday. it really keeps me motivated to create some good desserts for them. sometimes, i slack off and make them a repeat vanilla yogurt cake, but for the most part, i try to make them different things. this treat was certainly a pantry pie. i had one last graham cracker crust left over from a sale, some bananas that were turning dark on me, and my mom had given me this HUGE tub of peanut butter that she did not want to go bad at her house. it was all coming together fast. i knew if i was going to make a no-bake dessert, it needed to get in the fridge quick. so i made the pie and took a quick glance at the clock. it was 10:50 am. oh no. will it be done in time? i told myself i would wait until the last peak of daylight, take it out the fridge, slap it on the plate and take a quick pic. it was perfect. creamy, banana-y, peanut butter-y and some texture from the mini chocolate chips and graham cracker crust, just like my chocolate chip 'nana butter cookies! it reminds me of a giant peanut butter cup...with banana. another winner, winner, chicken dinner. 🙂
- - 'nana butter layer
- 1 graham cracker crust -
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese - softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter -
- 1/2 cup sugar -
- 1 medium sized banana - mashed
- 1/3 cup half and half -
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips -
- - chocolate layer
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips -
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter -
- 1/2 tablespoon dark corn syrup -
- in a large bowl, cream the cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar until smooth.
- add in the mashed banana. blend until incorporated.
- blend in the half and half until creamy and combined.
- fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- fold until smooth.
- pour the mixture into the graham cracker crust.
- over a double boiler, melt the ingredients for the chocolate layer. stir until smooth.
- pour the chocolate over the nana' butter layer.
- smooth into a even layer.
- refrigerate until firm at least 3 hours to overnight.
- slice and serve.
this pie was made on a whim and i used what i had on hand. i did not have heavy cream only half and half. so i tried it and it worked out great. also, a chocolate crust would work well with this recipe. again, all i had on hand was a graham cracker crust. feel free to swirl the chocolate layer into nana' butter layer if desired. enjoy!