thursday night seems to roll around quickly nowadays! i decided to make it easy on myself this week and jazz up an old recipe. my yogurt cake is always a hit for thursday nite guy's night. when i run out of ideas for dessert, i can throw together that cake and all is well. but i decided to add some bling to the regular old cake by means of streusel topping. let's just say that i don't know if i will be able to go back to plain ol' yogurt cake for a while. this cake blew us a way. maybe i should take note and jazz up somethings on me, huh? nah. 🙂
- 1 cup unsalted butter - softened
- 2 cups white sugar -
- 3 eggs -
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract -
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour -
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda -
- 1/4 teaspoon salt -
- 8 ounces of vanilla yogurt -
- - streusel topping
- 2 tablespoons butter - softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon -
- 1/2 cup flour -
- 1/2 cup brown sugar -
- - icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar -
- 1 teaspoon milk -
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. butter a 10 inch bundt pan. dust the pan lightly with flour. set aside.
- in a small bowl, blend together the flour, baking soda and salt. set aside.
- in a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until well blended.
- beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract. blend in the vanilla yogurt.
- gradually mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. be careful not to overmix.
- in another small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the streusel topping with a fork.
- sprinkle about 2/3 of the streusel topping into the prepared pan evenly.
- spoon half of the cake batter over top. sprinkle the remaining streusel topping in an even layer over the batter.
- spoon the rest of the batter evenly over the top.
- bake in the preheated oven for 50 - 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. allow to cool before turning out onto a plate.
- whisk together the powdered sugar and milk. drizzle over the cooled cake.
thanks boys for this one..
just one bite? no thank you.