today was an extra special guys nite. one of my hubby's best friends, r.t. was having a birthday. r.t. is an amazing, one of a kind guy, so i wanted dessert to be extra special. when brainstorming recipes with the hubby, he mentioned one of our favorite desserts from the cheesecake factory, the banana cream cheesecake. as much as the hubby and i love to talk, we eat that cheesecake in complete silence. you can hear a pin drop. ha! so i thought, let's make the no bake version of that cheesecake since it is soooo good. i have to say i was very happy with the results. i did not have the hassle of making a regular cheesecake from scratch but the taste was good enough to satisfy my craving. okay, i'm being modest. it was THE BOMB! r.t. about had a heart attack when he took his first bite. i made 6 cheesecakes and their tails ate ALL OF THEM! can you believe that this whole dessert took all of 20 minutes? i'm sold!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese - room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar -
- 1 banana - mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract -
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream -
- 1 tablespoon of sugar -
- - crust
- 2 tablespoons butter -
- 5 graham crackers - crushed to crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar -
- 1/8 teaspoon salt -
- - caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup butter -
- 1/2 cup brown sugar -
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream -
- blend the cream cheese and sugar until combined.
- add in the mashed banana and vanilla.
- stir until incorporated.
- in another bowl, add the whipping cream and tablespoon of sugar. blend with an electric mixer or whisk until thick and creamy.
- fold in 3/4 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- fold well until combined.
- reserve the rest of the whipped cream for the topping. refrigerate until ready to use.
- for the crust - melt the butter in the microwave. add the graham crackers to a small bowl. stir in the melted butter, sugar and salt. spoon some of the mixture into the bottom of each of the 6 ramekins.
- pipe or spoon the banana cheesecake mixture into the ramekins over the crust.
- pipe the reserved whipped cream over the top.
- for the caramel sauce - melt the butter and brown sugar in a medium sized saucepan.
- bring to a boil over medium-high heat until mixture thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- gradually stir in the tablespoons of heavy cream and let continue to simmer until thickened slightly. remove from heat.
- drizzle over the top of the banana cheesecakes.
you can absolutely short cut this dessert. use pre-made whipped cream and/or caramel!