so, the hubby was in the mood for some peanut butter cookies. i do not have a peanut butter cookie recipe on my website, so i figured this would be the perfect time. of course since chocolate is his favorite thing in the entire world (not including me, of course ;), i figured i would throw in some chocolate chunks. yes, i said chunks. forget the doggone chips! we are going big time! so back to the chunks. those large pieces of chocolate were perfect for these soft, tender, peanut filled cookies. the only problem was waiting for them to cool when they come out the oven. or just burn the stew out of your mouth and be happy. 🙂
- 1/2 cup butter - softened
- 1 cup brown sugar -
- 1 cup peanut butter -
- 1 egg -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla -
- 1 3/4 cup flour -
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda -
- 1/4 teaspoon salt -
- 1 cup chocolate chunks - chopped coarsley
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- in a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together.
- mix in the peanut butter. add in the egg and vanilla, mixing thoroughly.
- in a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients of flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just mixed.
- fold in the chocolate chunks.
- place in refrigerator and allow to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- using a tablespoon, scoop out some of the batter, roll into balls and place on the cookie sheet, allowing spaces so they do not run into each other while baking.
- bake for 14 - 16 minutes. they will firm as the cool.