please feel free to use regular bacon in this dish or even slivered almonds.
- 1 pound fresh green beans - trimmed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil -
- 4 slices of turkey bacon - chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 onion - chopped
- salt/pepper to taste -
- bring a large pot of water to a boil. add salt to the water and blanche for three minutes or until tender but still has its crunch. add green beans to a large bowl of cold iced water to stop the cooking. once green beans are cool, remove from water to paper towels to drain. set aside.
- heat canola oil in a medium sized skillet over medium heat. add turkey bacon in a skillet, and saute for about 10 minutes until brown. remove bacon from skillet to paper towels. add onion and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes in the same pan. add the green beans and salt/pepper to taste. toss to coat and transfer to a serving dish. garnish with crunchy turkey bacon sprinkled over top.