some of my family is coming over to celebrate the 4th of july holiday and i want to serve a festive treat. i thought about cookies, pies, and even some sort of trifle. then muffins hit me like a ton of bricks. i had the blueberries and strawberries (the red and blue), but i could not think of the white! i considered adding cream cheese to the muffins but i did not have any. too lazy to go to the store (ok, let me stop saying that - lol), i scanned the pantry and focused quickly on the bag of white chocolate chips. i had no idea how the flavors would work out, but i had to try it. man, am i glad i did. i honestly do not think these muffins will make it to the cookout tomorrow. oh well!
- 1/2 cup flour -
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder -
- 1/2 teaspoon salt -
- 1/2 cup sugar -
- 1 egg - lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup oil -
- 1/3 cup milk -
- 2 teaspoons vanilla -
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips - chopped
- 1 cup frozen blueberry - defrosted, drained and patted dry,
- 1 cup frozen strawberries - defrosted, drained and patted dry, chopped
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees. line a 12 muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- in a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. mix together the wet ingredients (the egg, oil, milk and vanilla). gradually mix the wet into the dry, mixing until just combined. gently fold in the white chocolate, and berries. spoon into the prepared liners, about 2/3 of the way full. bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 - 25 minutes.
i always have frozen berries in the freezer. they are perfect for smoothies or any time you want fruit and do not have fresh available. the added bonus is most cases, it is less expensive.