this recipe turned out great! you can use a combination of apples or a different fruit. toss in cranberries or blueberries for added color. this is delicious, warm with some vanilla ice cream.
- - for apple filling
- 5 granny smith apples - peeled, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar -
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon -
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla -
- 1/2 tablespoon flour -
- - for crumble topping
- 3/4 cup flour -
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats -
- 1/4 cup almonds - chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar -
- 6 tablespoons butter -
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- add the apples to a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. let the apples macerate for about 10 - 15 minutes until until they release some of their juices.
- in food processor, add the dry ingredients. pulse until everything is uniform and combined. add in the butter and pulse until the butter is pea sized.
- in a 9x9 inch baking dish, add the apple mixture along with all the juices. top with crumble topping and bake for 40 - 45 minutes until browned and bubbly.
3 responses to apple crisp