i LOVE avacados! but then again, who doesn't? i decided to marry my love for avocados and tomatoes one day for lunch. avocados have some creaminess of their own, so i added the smallest amount of ranch. something was still missing. crunch! i toasted some bread cubes and man, i tell ya. those warm croutons over the creamy salad was something that made me wanna shout! 🙂
- 2 avocados - pitted, cubed
- 4 roma tomatoes - cubed
- 1/2 red onion - chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro - chopped
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing -
- 2 tablespoons olive oil -
- 4 sliced wheat bread - cubed
- salt/pepper -
- in a saute pan, heat the canola oil over medium high heat. add the bread cubes to the pan and toss them in the olive oil. sprinkle some salt/pepper to taste over the cubes. continue to toss the bread cubes until brown. remove from the heat and set aside.
- combine the avocados, red onion, tomatoes, cilantro and ranch in a bowl. toss to coat. taste, season with salt/pepper to taste.
- top the salad with the croutons and serve.