as you always know, my hubby is a bacon lover. so, i am always incorporating bacon into many dishes. this pasta is extremely flavorful meal that comes together in minutes. very versatile as well...add in whatever veggies you like. turkey bacon is an option, but you may want to start with some olive oil or butter in the pan. trust me, this pasta tastes better the next day! who doesn't love bacon?
- 1 box orzo pasta -
- 4 bouillon cubes -
- 1 package bacon - chopped
- 1/2 onion - chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 jalapenos - seeded, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn - thawed
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese -
- bring a large pot of water to a boil. lightly salt the water and the bouillon cubes. add in the orzo and cook according to package directions. drain and pour into a serving dish.
- preheat a large pan over medium high heat. add the bacon. allow the bacon to cook, stirring for even browning, allowing the bacon to render its fat. once the bacon has browned, remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. pour off half of the bacon fat.(completely optional) add the onions and fresh garlic to the bacon fat and saute for a few minutes. add in corn and jalapenos. stir and reduce to simmer. cover and let simmer for 10 minutes or until flavors marry. pour the mixture over the orzo, along with the reserved bacon and toss until evenly coated. top with grated parmesan cheese.