with this easter sunday coming, i tried to have myself organized. my mother in law usually sends the kids easter outfits, which is a god send. with family and friends coming as well, i wanted to create something i can pop in the oven for brunch with no hassle. since everybody loves bacon (lol), i wanted to create a very simple bacon and egg casserole and that is what this is. it is very quick, delicious and perfect for any special occasion.
- 8 slices of bacon - sliced into cubes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese -
- 6 eggs -
- 2 cups milk -
- 1/2 cup sour cream -
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard -
- 1 teaspoon salt -
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder -
- 8 slices of bread - i used regular bread
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- in a large skillet, add the bacon over medium high heat. saute until crisp.
- remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to paper towels.
- in a large baking dish, add the bread cubes, cheddar cheese and bacon.
- lightly toss to evenly distribute the ingredients. set aside.
- in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sour cream, dijon mustard, salt and onion powder until evenly mixed.
- pour over the bread, cheese and bacon mixture.
- press the bread crumbs down into the egg mixture and allow to soak for at least 30 minutes to over night.
- bake in the preheated oven for about an hour or until it springs back when touched.
- slice and serve!