the balsamic glaze gives the meatloaf distinctive flavor. also, the combination of ground beef and ground turkey yields a light and fluffy texture. this entree is delicious with my garlic brown butter mashed potatoes recipe.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil -
- 1 bell pepper - finely minced
- 1 onion - finely minced
- 4 cloves garlic - finely minced
- 1 pound ground beef -
- 1 pound ground turkey -
- 2 eggs - beaten
- 2 slices wheat bread - coarsely crumbled
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese -
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce -
- 1/2 cup ketchup -
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar -
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- heat a large saute pan over high heat and add canola oil. add the peppers, onions, garlic, salt/pepper to taste and cook for about 5 minutes or until the veggies are tender. set aside to cool.
- in a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, ground turkey, eggs, wheat breadcrumbs, cooled veggies, parmesan cheese and worcestershire sauce.
- mold the meatloaf on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. in a small bowl, combine the ketchup and balsamic vinegar. Brush the mixture over the entire loaf. bake the meatloaf for 1 hour - 1 hour and 15 minutes or until meatloaf has a nice brown crust on top and meatloaf is cooked through. let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.