bbq bacon turkey burgers
okay. here are the hubby's favorite toppings on a burger. bbq sauce. bacon. a bbq bacon burger! now, he would have rather had hamburger meat with this burger, but i thought i would lighten it up a bit. don't be scared of the turkey meat! in this recipe, it is flavorful and good!
- 8 slices of bacon - cooked
- 1 lb ground turkey -
- 1/2 onion - diced fine
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce -
- 3 tablespoons bbq sauce -
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard -
- 2 teaspoons chili powder -
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs -
- 4 hamburger buns -
- combine the onion, garlic, worcestershire sauce, bbq sauce, dijon mustard, chili powder and the panko breadcrumbs in a medium bowl. mix in the ground turkey. divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into equal patties. let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- heat on a lightly oiled grill over medium-high heat. place patties on the grill and cook 5- 7 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- place each patty on the bottom half of each bun. top with 2 slices of bacon and other desired toppings. cover with top halves of buns.
2 responses to bbq bacon turkey burgers