i LOVE salmon! there are so many ways to cook it! blackened salmon has to be one of my favorites. try it with my jazzed up brown rice recipe (as shown in the picture).
- 4 (4-6 ounce) frozen salmon filets - thawed, patted dry
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder -
- 1 tablespoon onion powder -
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika -
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil -
- 1 teaspoon cayenne -
- salt / pepper -
- 2 tablespoons canola oil -
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- add canola oil to a large nonstick pan and preheat it over high heat.
- in a small bowl, mix together the seasonings with salt/pepper to taste. place the salmon fillets on a plastic cutting board. drizzle the olive oil over each fillet and rub on an even layer. sprinkle the rub generously over the fillet.
- once pan is hot, carefully place the salmon seasoned side down in the pan. let sit and blacken for about 3 -5 minutes. while the salmon is cooking, season the other side with the rub. once you have a dark brown sear, flip the salmon seared side up and immediately place in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, depending on desired doneness (if you do not have a oven proof skillet, transfer to a baking dish).