a healthy, flavorful dish that makes you feel good when you eat it. feel free to sub in your favorite veggies or whatever veggies you already have on hand.
- 6-7 cups brown rice -
- 1 tablespoon butter -
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms - quartered
- 1 carrot - chopped into strips
- 1 bunch asparagus - cut on the bias into strips
- 1 onion - chopped into strips
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme -
- 1 large roma tomato - seeded, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese -
- prepare the jazzed up brown rice recipe.
- heat a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. once hot, add the butter and mushrooms. add salt/pepper to taste and saute until mushrooms are browned. add the carrots and saute for about 3 minutes until slightly tender. add in the asparagus, onions, garlic and dried thyme. season with salt/pepper to taste. saute for a few more minutes leaving the vegetables tender but still crisp. remove from heat and stir in tomatoes.
- to serve - place desired amount of brown rice in a bowl. spoon some of the mixed veggies over the top and sprinkle parmesan cheese over top.