crock-pot brown sugar ginger chicken
i have had a few requests for bourbon chicken! as much as i would love to test a recipe for it, i did not want to make a trip to the store for some bourbon. although, some days with currently 6 kids, traveling for bourbon REALLY sounds like a good idea. however, today was not one of those days. so i used what i had on hand. this recipe turned out very good. my husband 'bout passed out in the middle of the kitchen. he kept going back for seconds saying, 'i hope you are not planning to eat today.' i guess it would have been better if he would have really passed out, huh? 🙂
- 3/4 cup soy sauce -
- 3/4 cup brown sugar -
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce -
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar -
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil -
- 4 cloves garlic - minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger -
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch -
- 6 chicken breasts -
- in a bowl, combine all the ingredients, not including the chicken.
- season the chicken with salt/pepper on both sides. place 3 breasts of the chicken in the slow cooker.
- pour some of the sauce over top.
- add in remaining 3 chicken breasts...
- pour over remaining sauce.
- cook on low for 4 - 6 hours.
- using a fork, shred the tender chicken and serve over rice or noodles.
10 responses to crock-pot brown sugar ginger chicken