this glaze makes your mouth go crazy. sweet, tangy and savory all at once. now, you should be able to find a fully cooked spiral ham for less than the price i listed. most stores have them on sale for the holidays. look for a good deal!
- 1 (14 pound) fully cooked spiral ham -
- 1/2 cup brown sugar -
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 cup apple juice -
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard -
- preheat the oven to 325°.
- put ham, fat side up, on rack in a foil-lined roasting pan. combine brown sugar, garlic, apple juice and dijon mustard and pour 1/2 of the glaze over ham. wrap the ham tightly with foil and bake at it 325° for 12 minutes per pound. the internal temperature should reach 148°.
- meanwhile, place the other half of the glaze in a small sauce pan. cook over medium to low heat until reduced and thickened. 15 minutes before the ham is done, remove the ham from the oven, pull back the aluminum foil and pour over the thickened glaze. re-cover with aluminum foil and allow ham to finish cooking. serve hot or at room temperature.