buffalo chicken pizza dip
on a lazy day, after just getting over being sick, i was trying to think of a way to use up a pack of chicken that had been in my fridge. it happened to be nba playoffs on all day and we were feeling kinda lazy. i stood staring in the fridge, my attention focused on a pack of cream cheese. hhmm. chicken. cream cheese. chicken? cream cheese? chicken dip! this recipe turned out very good. we ate off of it on and off all day! the amount of hot sauce you add, is completely up to you! i added 3 tablespoons for the amount i thought my kids could handle. i didn't have any blue cheese on hand, but feel free to throw a handful over the top.
- 8 ounces cream cheese - room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream -
- 2 cups monterey cheese - divided
- 1 chicken breast - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce -
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce -
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing -
- 2 tablespoons cilantro - chopped
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- combine the cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup of the monterey jack and salt/pepper to taste together in a bowl. set aside.
- preheat a pan over medium high heat. once hot, add the canola oil and then add the chicken. season with salt/pepper to taste and toss for a few minutes until cooked through. add in the garlic, tomato sauce and ranch dressing. toss to coat and allow to warm through. remove from the heat.
- in a pie plate, add the cream cheese mixture. smooth into an even layer. pour the buffalo chicken mixture over the top. top with the remaining cup of monterey jack cheese.
- bake in the preheated oven for about 20 - 25 minutes or until browned on top. remove from oven, garnish with cilantro.
7 responses to buffalo chicken pizza dip
Pingback: Nomadic Super Bowl Party! » 3Up Adventures3Up Adventures