cheesy spinach and artichoke pizza
our family, like most family's, LOVE pizza. this pizza was made specifically for my mom. she is a vegetarian and loves artichokes. for a minute, i thought about an ooey, gooey pizza that had some type of cream sauce throughout. but i changed my mind. i wanted the spinach and artichokes to speak for themselves and they surely did. the mozzarella and parmesan did their part by adding the perfect amount of creaminess and flavor. but the feta took it to another level! the sharpness and saltiness from the feta made this yummy pizza. my mommy was happy and that is all that matters, right? 🙂
- 3 cloves garlic - smashed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil -
- 1 homemade pizza dough - recipe linked below
- 1/2 package frozen spinach - defrosted, drained, squeezed dry
- 1 can artichoke hearts - drained, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese -
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese -
- 1/4 cup feta cheese -
- preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- to a small pan, add the smashed garlic and oil. simmer over low heat until the garlic infuses the oil, about 5 minutes. set aside to cool.
- make my homemade pizza dough recipe. roll the dough out to 14 inches in diameter.
- using a brush, coat the dough with the reserved garlic oil.
- sprinkle the spinach across the dough, along with the artichoke hearts. season the spinach and artichoke hearts with salt/pepper, if desired.
- sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the pizza leaving the edges. sprinkle over an even layer of the parmesan and then top with a layer of the feta cheese.
- bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until browned around the top and edges. serve hot.
this recipe would be good with a ton of different cheeses, like pepper jack, blue cheese or even goat cheese for an little extra creaminess.