chicken caesar salad with garlic onion croutons
caesar salads are on of my favorite appetizers to order when we go out to eat. the first thing i ask when ordering, if it is homemade, because you can taste the difference. my family loves this salad! if you are not a fan of raw egg, add 2 tablespoons of mayo instead. a great way to use leftover chicken.
- - for garlic onion croutons
- 3 slices of bread - cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder -
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder -
- salt/pepper -
- 2 tablespoons olive oil -
- - for caesar dressing
- 1 egg yolk -
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste -
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard -
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce -
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 3/4 cup olive oil -
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese - plus more for garnish
- - toppings
- 2 large romaine heads - chopped
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped -
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- in a small bowl, combine bread cubes, onion powder, garlic powder, salt/pepper to taste and olive oil. toss well and pour onto a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil in a single layer. bake for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- for the dressing, place the egg yolk, garlic, anchovy paste, dijon mustard, worcheshire sauce, lemon juice, salt/pepper to taste into a food processor. process until smooth. with the food processor running, slowly pour the olive oil through the feed tube until thick. stir in the grated parmesan cheese.
- add the romaine lettuce to a large salad bowl or individual plates. toss the lettuce with enough dressing to moisten. top with cooked chicken and croutons. garnish with a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese on top.
2 responses to chicken caesar salad with garlic onion croutons