love fajitas? you will love this pizza! this meal comes together very quickly. the pizza is full of flavor. toasting the bread is key so you will not have soggy bread.
- 1 loaf french bread -
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce -
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika -
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder -
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin -
- 1/8 teaspoon italian seasoning -
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts - cubed
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 bell pepper - chopped in 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 onion - chopped in 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups mexican four cheese blend -
- preheat the broiler.
- cut the french bread in half, and then cut in half lengthwise. drizzle with some oil. toast under broiler on both sides. reserve.
- in a small pot, combine the tomato sauce, paprika, chili powder, cumin and italian seasoning. allow to simmer until flavors marry.
- add the canola oil to a skillet. preheat the pan over high heat. once hot and smoking, add chicken, salt/pepper to taste. toss until cooked through and brown. add garlic, bell pepper and onion, tossing for about 2 minutes. add tomato sauce mixture. reduce heat and let simmer for about another 5 minutes.
- spoon the chicken mixture onto the toasted french bread. top with cheeses. place in preheated oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.