my hubby's birthday is this weekend and i decided to make him a dessert that would blow him away. he loves ANYTHING chocolate, especially my homemade chocolate chips cookies. now, i make a chocolate chip cookie skillet but i wanted this to be more like a cake, instead of a cookie. i used my vanilla yogurt cake recipe as a base and went to town. while i was in the kitchen cooking, he saw me take out a bag of chocolate chips and said, 'baby, what are you making?' when i told him, his mouth dropped open. needless to say, when he took a bite of the warm chocolate chip cake, he said, 'this is hands down the best cake i have ever had!' i was flattered and cheesin' all big. then i paused and thought about it for a second. he says that with every cake i make! 🙂
- 2 cups flour -
- 1 teaspoon baking powder -
- 1/4 teaspoon salt -
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup) - room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar -
- 3 eggs -
- 2 teaspoons vanilla -
- 1/4 cup milk - i used 2%
- 1 and 1/4 cup chocolate chips - divided
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees. butter a 10 inch bundt pan. dust the pan lightly with flour.
- in a small bowl, blend together the flour, baking powder and salt. set aside.
- in a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until well blended.
- beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- gradually mix in half of the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- blend in the milk and then mix in the remaining flour mixture. be careful not to overmix.
- fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- spoon the batter into the prepared bundt pan. top with remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- bake in the preheated oven for 55 - 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. allow to cool slightly before turning out onto a plate.