chocolate chip cookie skillet
chocolate chip cookies are a favorite in our household. this recipe came from sheer laziness. i had 2 sticks of butter out on the counter to make some chocolate chip cookies that the kids had been begging for. as a matter of fact, they had been asking for a while. once i decided to grant their wish, i took out the butter and it sat on the counter for 2 days. lol. okay, back to the recipe. so in an effort to save some time of making the cookie dough, rolling the cookie dough into balls, placing the cookies in the oven, taking them out, letting them cool, and starting the process over again 2 more times, i had an idea. dump the ENTIRE cookie dough batter in a pan and pray it bakes into something nice. i mean, it is 'cookie dough' after all. so how bad can it turn out? horrible! horribly good. i mean sinfully good! we slapped some ice cream on top and were in a good place. allow yourself to be lazy sometimes and make this recipe. 🙂
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) - room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar -
- 3/4 cup brown sugar -
- 1 egg -
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract -
- 2 cups flour -
- 1 teaspoon baking soda -
- 2 cups semi- sweet chocolate chips -
- preheat the oven to 325 degrees. grease a 10-inch cast iron pan. i used a pan similar to the one found here. set aside.
- in a large bowl mix together the butter and the sugars with a blender well blended and creamy.
- add in the egg and vanilla. sift in the flour and baking soda over the mixture. blend until just combined.
- fold in the chocolate chips. spoon the batter into the prepared cast iron skillet. flatten the dough into an even layer.
- bake in the preheated oven for 45 -50 minutes until lightly browned. allow to cool about 15 minutes once out of the oven.
this recipe is very versatile. using different flavored chips such as peanut butter, white chocolate or even caramel. consider tossing in some type of candy bar as well. have fun with it! you can also use this recipe to make some amazing chocolate chips cookies instead.
10 responses to chocolate chip cookie skillet
Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet - Kitchen Dreaming
Pingback: Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie - Kitchen Dreaming