another recipe challenge for thursday night fellas night. but this time i knew what i was going to make. the dreaded cookie. *sigh* i am not a huge fan of making cookies because of the repeated process of rolling dough and oven time. i know, i am so lazy, it's a shame. don't get me wrong though...i am a HUGE fan of eating them. lol. i decided this time to blend all of my hubby's favorite flavors... banana, chocolate and peanut butter. after tasting them, i could not understand why i had not tried these sooner. maybe i am just in the moment... but, uh.. these are the BEST cookies i have ever had. yes, i said it! they are tender, decadent and the perfect amounts of each of his favorite flavors. the guys BETTER not eat all of these cookies tonight. even if they leave some, i still may have to make another batch tomorrow... 🙂
- 1/2 cup butter - softened
- 1 cup sugar -
- 1 cup brown sugar -
- 1 cup peanut butter -
- 2 bananas - mashed
- 2 cups flour -
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder -
- 1/2 teaspoon salt -
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips -
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees. line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. set aside.
- in a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- blend in the peanut butter mixing until incorporated.
- add in the mashed bananas and continue blending.
- in a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. add in half of the flour mixture into the banana/ peanut butter mixture.
- blend in until smooth. add in the remaining flour and mix until just mixed.
- fold in the chocolate chips.
- spoon a tablespoon of the mixture into your hand. roll the mixture into a ball and place on the prepared cookie sheet. space out appropriately. i added about 16 cookies to the tray for each batch.
- bake in the preheated oven for about 12 - 14 minutes, depending on the size of your cookie. they will be extremely soft when they come out of the oven but will harden as they cool.