these are some yummy balls of goodness. 🙂 try different fruits with these fritters. peaches or pears would be delicious!
- 2 cups vegetable oil -
- 1 cup flour -
- 3/4 cup cornmeal -
- 1 teaspoon baking powder -
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon -
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg -
- 1/4 cup sugar -
- 1/2 teaspoon salt -
- 1 apple - peeled, diced
- 3/4 cup whole milk -
- 1 egg - lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract -
- 2 tablespoons melted butter -
- - topping
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar -
- heat the oil in a large pan to 350 degrees.
- sift together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, salt and apples in a large bowl.
- in another bowl, combine milk, egg, vanilla extract and melted butter. add wet mixture to dry and stir well until just combined.
- using a tablespoon, drop the batter into the hot oil. fry for a couple minutes on each per side or until golden brown on both sides. be sure to flip halfway through cooking. remove to a plate lined with paper towels. sift powdered sugar on top. serve hot or room temperature.
feel free to use cinnamon sugar if you like.