i LOVE coffee in desserts. frappacino's, tiramisu, coffee ice cream...just about any type coffee dessert. so i selfishly created this recipe. 🙂 the dessert is too good for words. really.
- 6 slices of coffee chocolate chip pound cake - recipe link below
- - mascarpone cream
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese -
- 1/3 cup cold heavy cream -
- 1/4 cup sugar -
- - chocolate sauce
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa -
- 1/2 cup milk -
- 1/4 cup water -
- 1 cup sugar -
- 1/2 cup corn syrup -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract -
- make the coffee chocolate chip pound cake recipe.
- for mascarpone cream - in a bowl beat together mascarpone, cream, and sugar with an electric mixer until mixture holds stiff peaks.
- for chocolate sauce - in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cocoa, corn syrup, milk, water and sugar. bring to a boil while whisking, reduce heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- slice 6 slices of the coffee chocolate chip pound cake recipe. dollop the mascarpone cream on top and drizzle the chocolate sauce over the top.