sunday's are extremely busy. i sing praise and worship at my church among other activities throughout the day. having a slow cooker recipe prepared, makes the day much smoother since dinner is done when we get home. that is exactly what i was thinking this past saturday night. but i wanted something we had not had before. so i took out some chicken and went to bed. sunday morning, my eyes focused on a bag of red potatoes that were in the pantry. then, it all came together. i wanted some creamy melt in your mouth chicken with potatoes. i started tossing some things together and we left for church. when we walked back in the house after church our noses went crazy. the house smelled some kinda good, just like it tasted.
- 4 chicken breasts -
- 8 red potatoes - quartered
- 1/2 onion - sliced
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup -
- 1 cup water -
- 1 chicken bouillon cube -
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce -
- 1 bay leaf -
- add the red potatoes to the bottom of the crockpot, and season well with salt/pepper to taste. sprinkle the onions and garlic over the potatoes. season each chicken breast with salt pepper to taste on both sides. place on top of the potato, onion and garlic mixture. mix together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the chicken. cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 - 6 hours. serve over alongside some green beans or other veggie.
feel free to sub in 1 cup of chicken broth in place of the water and chicken bouillon.