we love bbq chicken in our house! especially my, slow cooked bbq pulled chicken. the perfect pairing for that dinner is this coleslaw and my incredible baked beans! creamy, crunchy, homemade and delicious!
- 1 1/4 cup mayo -
- 1/3 cup sugar -
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar -
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard -
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed -
- salt/pepper -
- 1 small head of cabbage or half of large - chopped into small squares
- 2 carrots - skin removed, chopped into squares
- combine mayo, sugar, rice vinegar, dijon mustard, celery seed and salt/pepper to taste in a large bowl. add in the cabbage and carrots. toss to coat. refrigerate until ready to serve.
depending on the sale prices of produce, i sometimes will buy the coleslaw packs to save myself the cutting. check the prices to determine your best bargain. feel like adding color? throw in some purple cabbage.