i love the flavor of ricotta cheese. i was having a craving and wanted to incorporate it into some type of pasta dish. this dish was awesome! our family loved it and it was on the table in no time. the hubby even loved it being the meat lover that he is. 🙂
- 1 box rotelle pasta -
- 2 tablespoons olive oil -
- 2 tablespoons butter -
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional) -
- 1 bag spinach - chopped
- 1 1/2 cup ricotta cheese -
- 1 cup parmesan cheese -
- salt/pepper -
- bring a large pot of water to a boil. salt the water and add the box of rotelle pasta. cook until al dente and remove from the water. reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- preheat over medium high heat and add the butter, olive oil and fresh garlic. once the garlic starts to smell fragrant, add the chopped onion and red pepper flakes (optional). saute until soft, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- add in the chopped spinach and season with salt/pepper to taste. saute until tender.
- add in the reserved pasta, ricotta, reserved pasta water and parmesan cheese.
- toss until evenly distributed.
- spoon onto individual plates and top with more parmesan cheese.
i may try adding it to a casserole dish, topping with some breadcrumbs and parmesan! feel free to add sausage or even chicken.