i love any type of soup, especially when it is getting cool outside. the added bonus? the crockpot does all the work! feel free to toss in any leftover veggies from the refrigerator or even spinach. this soup freezes well, so be sure to make extra to put in the freezer for another meal.
- 2 carrots - chopped
- 2 celery stalks - chopped
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package turkey sausage - cubed
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 4 cups hot water -
- 4 bouillon cubes -
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes -
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can cannellini beans - drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme -
- 1 bay leaf -
- 1 cup dried ditalini pasta -
- 1 zucchini - chopped
in a crock pot, add the carrots, celery, onion, turkey sausage, garlic, water, chicken bouillon, crushed tomatoes, cannellini beans, thyme and bay leaf. season with salt/pepper to taste. cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. in the last hour, add the ditalini pasta and zucchini. cook for another 30 minutes to an hour, until pasta is tender and zucchini is tender.