double chocolate peanut butter crunch brownies
as you all know, i have a few brownie recipes up my sleeve. so, i am constantly trying to think of ways to expand my list! lol! peanut butter and chocolate are such an amazing combo. i love to add texture, so using crunchy peanut butter was perfect instead of the added expense of buying peanuts seperately. it never hurt to toss in a few more chocolate chips to stand up to the strong flavor of the peanut butter. 🙂
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) - cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips - divided
- 3/4 cup sugar -
- 1/2 cup brown sugar -
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract -
- 3 eggs -
- 1 cup flour -
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder -
- 1/4 teaspoon salt -
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter -
- 1 tablespoon butter -
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar -
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. line a 9x9 inch baking pan with foil so the edges hang over the side. grease or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- microwave the butter and 1 cup of the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for about 40 seconds, until just melted. remove from microwave and stir until melted. allow to cool for about 5 minutes. stir in sugar, vanilla and eggs on at a time. dust in the cocoa powder, flour, and salt, mixing until just combined. fold in the remaining 1/2 cup of the semi-sweet chocolate chips. spoon the batter into the prepared pan, spreading into an even layer.
- add the peanut butter, butter and confectioners sugar into a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for about 20 seconds until almost melted. stir until smooth.
- dollop by teaspoon full over the brownies. using a butter knife, swirl the peanut butter mixture into the brownie mixture.
- bake in the preheated oven for 40 - 45 minutes or until set. remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting.
7 responses to double chocolate peanut butter crunch brownies