double chocolate pretzel bark
i love chocolate and pretzels. whether it is chocolate covered pretzels or a take 5 (with chocolate, peanut butter, and pretzels), i am game to try anything with the combo. when thinking about 'barks' to make, i quickly shot down anything with peppermint, which is extremely popular around this time of year. but my love for chocolate and pretzels, popped through when i decided to make pretzel bark. the white chocolate added an extra layer of sweetness to the bark that was yummy. this is so simple and quick to make. perfect for christmas gifts, too. be sure to make a plenty...it is hard to eat just one. 🙂
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips -
- 1 1/2 cups white chips -
- 1 cup pretzels - crushed coarsley
- line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. set aside.
- in 1 microwaveable bowl, add the semi-sweet chocolate chips. microwave at 30 second intervals until melted. repeat with the white chocolate in a separate bowl.
- dollop some of the semi-sweet chocolate around the lined baking sheet. dollop the white chocolate around the semi-sweet chocolate in separate areas as well. using a butter knife or spatula, smooth the chocolate out into an even layer. swirl the chocolate further if you desire. sprinkle the pretzels decoratively around the chocolate and gently press the pretzels into the chocolate.
- refrigerate until firm and break into pieces.