fresh corn, chicken and bacon pasta
as many of you know, i LOVE fresh corn. it is one of my favorite things about summer. i try to find tons of recipes to incorporate fresh corn in. when the hubby came home from the store with some fresh corn, i knew i wanted to create something new. everything that i put in this dish came straight from the pantry. before i knew it, the dish was coming together nicely and the flavors were wonderful. my hubby, who is not a big pasta lover, started eating the dish right out of the pan! i carefully pulled the weapon, i mean, fork out of his hand, and made him a big bowl of it. 🙂
- 1 lb rotini pasta - or your favorite pasta
- 4 slices of bacon - chopped
- 3 chicken breasts - cut into cubes
- 4 fresh corn on the cob - cut off the cob
- 1/2 onion - chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tomato - seeded, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup half and half -
- 1/2 chicken stock - *i used bouillon based
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese - grated
- bring a large pot of water to a boil. salt the water generously and add in the pasta. cook according to the package instructions. drain and reserve.
- preheat a large skillet or pot over medium high heat. add the bacon to the pan. saute the bacon until crispy.
- add in the chopped chicken breasts. saute with the bacon until the chicken is cooked through.
- add in the corn, onion, bell pepper, garlic and tomato.
- saute for few minutes until vegetables are tender. pour in the half and half and chicken stock. stir until everything is combined.
- add in the parmesan cheese.
- stir to coat and allow the mixture to simmer until reduced slightly. pour in the reserved hot pasta.
- toss until all of the pasta is coated.
- serve hot!