i LOVE green beans. i grew up on the ones that are simmered all day long in a crockpot with new potatoes and turkey meat. some good stuff. then one day i was introduced to green beans with some crunch! equally good. so it really depends on what mood i am in, as to how i will prepare my green beans. i am thankful for this mood. the garlic butter put these babies over the top!
- bring a pot of water to a boil.
- salt the water and add the green beans. allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water, shocking the beans and leaving them with their beautiful green color.
- allow the beans to cool completely. drain the beans well.
- in a pan, add the butter and garlic. heat over medium heat and allow to garlic to marry with the butter.
- once the butter is hot and garlic is fragrant, add the green beans.
- season well with salt/pepper to taste.
- toss in the butter and cook for about 5 minutes. serve hot.