hoisin glazed chicken lettuce wraps
i LOVE stir fry's! not only are they tasty, but you can clean out your refrigerator with them. in this case, i marinated the chicken in tasty aromatics and flavors and seared it up real nicely. then added some smoky and sweet hoisin to caramelize over the chicken. sometimes i add veggies to the stir-fry, other times we add sticky rice to the lettuce wrap and it's enough. either way, you will enjoy this flavorful chicken.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce -
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/2 inch ginger root, grated -
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil -
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar -
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts - sliced thin into 1 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil -
- salt/pepper -
- 2 tablespoons hoisin - (chinese bbq sauce)
- romaine heart lettuce - cut into 4 inch pieces
- 4 scallions - chopped
- in a large ziploc bag or bowl, add soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame seed oil, rice wine vinegar and whisk until combined. add chicken and toss to coat. place in refrigerator to marinade at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight.
- preheat large pan over high heat with the canola oil. once the pan is hot, add the chicken, season with salt/pepper to taste and let sear for about 3 minutes.
- toss and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- add the hoisin and toss to coat mixture evenly.
- continue to toss the chicken until the hoisin is browned and caramelized onto the chicken. transfer to serving platter, top with chopped scallion and serve with lettuce cups.
add mushrooms, bean sprouts, water chestnuts or snow peas... whatever is leftover or what ingredients your family likes to eat.
4 responses to hoisin glazed chicken lettuce wraps