with my hubby being a bbq lover in this house, these beans are made often. they go great with my slow cooked bbq pulled chicken and homemade coleslaw. this is a great recipe from my mom! the sweet and savory flavors blend together perfectly.
- 4 slices bacon -
- 1/2 cup bell pepper - minced
- 1/2 onion - minced
- 2 (28 ounce) can baked beans - drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup -
- 1/3 cup brown sugar -
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard -
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce -
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- in a medium sized skillet, add the bacon. cook until bacon is crispy and has rendered its fat. remove bacon from pan to paper towels. once cooled, chop into bite size pieces. set aside.
- add the onion and bell pepper to the bacon fat in the pan. saute for a few minutes until slightly tender. set aside as well.
- pour the baked beans from the can into a large baking dish. add in the reserved veggies, ketchup, brown sugar, dijon mustard,worcestershire sauce and chopped bacon. stir well.
- cover and bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes.