loaded crispy potato wedges
on friday nights, my hubby and i have date nights. after we put this kids to bed, we cut on netflix, find a good movie and dig into some snacks. that night, i was craving some potato skins, but they can be so time consuming! i wanted something fast, so i could get to our movie. this is what i came up with. it is a great twist on regular potato skins. no need to remove potato pulp or rebake anything. a must try.
- 4 large russet potatoes - sliced into wedges
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder -
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder -
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika -
- 4 tablespoons olive oil -
- salt / pepper -
- 1 cup cheddar cheese -
- 3 slices turkey bacon - chopped and cooked until crisp
- 1/2 cup sour cream -
- 3 scallions - chopped
- preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- place potato wedges on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- in a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and olive oil. stir into a paste. brush over both sides of the potato wedges. sprinkle both sides generously with salt/pepper to taste.
- bake in the preheated oven for about 20 - 25 minutes; turn. bake until crisp, about 10 minutes more. sprinkle the wedges with the cheddar cheese. bake about 3 -4 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. top with chopped bacon, sour cream and chopped scallions. serve immediately.