i tell ya, i get bored with chicken very quickly. so i am constantly trying to think of ways to make chicken tasty and not make the same chicken dishes... all the time. i defrosted some chicken the night before and was trying to think of ways to marinate it. for some reason, my daughter reminded me a few times that day that we were almost out of orange juice. actually, i felt like she was kinda nagging me about it! lol. given i had heard 'orange juice' about 50 times that day, i couldn't help but think, i am going to make some kind of orange marinade! i threw a few things together, marinated it over night and grilled the chicken the next day. i have never been happier that we were almost out of orange juice! 🙂
- 3 large chicken breasts - cut in half horizontally
- - for marinade
- 1 cup orange juice -
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar -
- 1/2 onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro - chopped
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning -
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard -
- in a large ziploc bag, add the chicken. mix all of the ingredients for the marinade together in a small bowl and pour over the chicken in the bag. seal the bag and marinate at least an hour, preferably overnight.
- preheat a grill and lightly oil the grate. remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off the excess. season the chicken with salt/pepper to taste on both sides. grill the chicken breasts about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through.
like it spicy? add some hot sauce or red pepper flakes!