as you all know, the hubby is a chocolate lover... and this love for chocolate, includes oreos. my sons can eat a package of oreos by themselves, if we let them. throw the hubby in the mix, and there will not be one cookie in the house! so i decided to find a way to use their favorite cookies in some type of chocolate dessert. these brownies are crazy good! the oreo cream surprise is the middle makes these brownies heavenly.
- - for oreo brownie bites
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter -
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips -
- 3/4 cup sugar -
- 1/2 cup brown sugar -
- 2 teaspoons vanilla -
- 3 eggs -
- 1 cup flour -
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder -
- 1/4 teaspoon salt -
- 1/2 cup crushed oreos -
- - for oreo cream
- 1/2 stick butter - softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla -
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk -
- 1/4 cup finely crushed oreos -
- 12 mini oreos -
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. line a 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- microwave the butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for about 40 seconds, until just melted. remove from microwave and stir until melted. allow to cool for about 5 minutes. stir in sugar, vanilla and eggs on at a time. dust in the cocoa powder, flour and salt, mixing until just combined. fold in the crushed oreos. spoon the batter into the prepared muffin liners.
- bake until set, about 15 - 20 minutes. please do not over bake the brownies. remove from oven and allow to cool.
- in a small bowl, cream the room temperature butter. add in the powdered sugar and blend with the butter. add the vanilla and milk, blending until smooth. (if you prefer a thicker frosting, add less milk. if you like thinner frosting, add more milk.) stir in the finely crushed oreos.
- using an apple corer or a spoon, plug out some of the middle of the brownie. pipe the cookie cream into the brownie and plug it back in once they have been filled. if you have a piping bag, you can push it through the brownie to fill it with the cookie cream. pipe some frosting decoratively over the top of the brownie as well and garnish with a mini oreo.