i had an extremely busy day and was seriously craving some fried chicken. i tried my hardest to fight off the urge to go out (once again) and visit my dear friend popeyes. i did not feel like standing over the stove, so i decided to find a way to make fried chicken using the oven. we loved this chicken! nice and crunchy and full of flavor.
- 1/4 cup butter -
- 1/4 cup olive oil -
- 4 garlic cloves - minced fine
- 1/2 cup flour -
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs -
- 1 cup parmesan cheese -
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning -
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts - pounded thin
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- in a small sauce pan, add the butter, olive oil and garlic. heat on low and cook until garlic is almost light brown, about 5 minutes. remove from heat.
- in oone shallow bowl add the flour. in another shallow bowl, add the panko, parmesan cheese and italian seasoning. line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and sprinkle some of the parmesan/panko mixture onto the cookie sheet (to prevent the chicken from getting soggy on the bottom). lightly coat the chicken in the flour, dip into the garlic mixture and then press into the parmesan/panko mixture. then place onto the prepared cookie sheet. bake in the preheated oven for 25 - 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and golden.
if you are not a fan of the butter/oil mixture, use egg instead. experiment with other cheeses as well.