pecan pie is one of my favorites. but as you all know, i like to change things up a bit. i heard about chocolate pecan pies before but i never tried one. i thought to myself, adding chocolate to this pie would only make my hubby like it better. so i added some chocolate chip morsels to my pecan pie recipe and i have to tell you. we were almost knocked unconscious! lol. it was sooo good. one of the easiest pies to make too! toss the filling together in one bowl and pour it into the crust. try adding some whipped cream or ice cream on top and you will be in heaven.
- 3 eggs -
- 1/4 cup white sugar -
- 1/2 cup brown sugar -
- 4 tablespoons butter - melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract -
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup -
- 2 tablespoons flour -
- 1/8 teasoon salt -
- 1 1/2 cup pecans - coarsely chopped or halved
- 1/2 cup chocolate chip morsels - chopped
- 1 (9 inch) frozen pie crust, thawed -
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- in a large bowl, add the eggs. using an electric mixer, blend the eggs until creamy. add in the sugars and blend until incorporated. blend in the butter, vanilla, dark corn syrup, flour and salt until mixed well. stir in the pecan halves/pieces and chocolate chips. pour into the pie crust. place on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes to an hour.