one thing that i love about blogging, is the people you meet. about 4 months ago, i came across a blog called food thoughts of a chef wanna be. chris is an awesome woman. she has a VERY funny personality and always has me laughing so hard, i mean dying! not only is she funny but she can cook her tail off. we quickly became friends and recently she said, 'let's do a recipe swap!' it was such a great idea. then came the hard part... finding a recipe out of all of her delicious recipes to make. these pineapple cheesecake popsicles caught my eye. i LOVE pineapple and anything cheesecake. it seemed simple enough to make and extremely versatile. i already know i am gonna try it with strawberries and maybe chocolate! anyway, my family loves these popsicles. 4 ingredients, delicious result. thanks, chris!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese - softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk -
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple - with juice
- 1/2 cup milk -
- using an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese until creamy.
- pour in the sweetened condensed milk and continue blending until combined.
- fold in the crushed pineapple and milk until incorporated.
- pour into the popsicle molds, leaving about an inch of space from the top.
- i did not want to use the tops that my popsicle molds came with. i wanted to use the wooden sticks. i placed the molds in the freezer for about 30 minutes until it started to freeze a bit. then put the sticks in the center of the molds and they stayed upright.
- freeze for at least 8 hours. place under warm water for a few minutes, until they are able to be gently lifted out of the molds. enjoy!
recipe adapted from foodthoughtsofachefwannabe.