pizza spaghetti bake
i have noticed that there has been a lot of baked spaghetti recipes trending lately. i have never tried baked spaghetti before but you know me. i wanted to find a way to make it more interesting. my favorite way to eat pizza it fully loaded, so i tried to incorporate that into my baked pizza recipe! instead of adding sausage, the hubby loves hamburger meat, so i went with that. i opted out for mushrooms strictly because of price. but this meal is so versatile, you can add anything you want. it makes A LOT of food! we are a 6 person family and there was tons of leftovers in the fridge. i actually made an extra casserole and put it on the freezer! i really love this one. we will make it often. 🙂
- 1 lb thin spaghetti -
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil -
- 1 lb hamburger meat -
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 onion - chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper - chopped
- 3.5 ounce package pepperoni - chopped, saving some for garnish
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning -
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste -
- 1 (32 ounce can) crushed tomatoes -
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese -
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- bring a large pot of water to a boil. salt the water generously and add the pasta. cook according to the package instructions to al dente.
- preheat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. carefully add the hamburger meat to the pan. break the hamburger meat into pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks. season with salt/pepper to taste. once the meat is cooked through, drain the meat of the oil (if needed).
- add in the onion, garlic and bell pepper.
- saute for a few minutes until veggies are slightly tender and add in the pepperoni.
- also, add in the italian seasoning and tomato paste. saute for a few minutes more.
- pour in the crushed tomatoes and stir until combined.
- allow to simmer for a few minutes until flavors marry.
- pour in the spaghetti noodles.
- stir until all the noodles are evenly coated.
- pour into a 9x13 baking dish.
- spread into an even layer.
- sprinkle the cheese across the top of the casserole. garnish with the slices of pepperoni.
- bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
spoon onto a plate and eat!
32 responses to pizza spaghetti bake
Pingback: Pizza Spaghetti Bake! http://www.pomanmeals.com/pizza-spaghetti-bake/ | Migliori ricette veloci
Pingback: Maria's Mixing Bowl | PIZZA SPAGHETTI BAKE
Pingback: Maria's Mixing Bowl | Pizza Spaghetti Bake