very few ingredients, POWERFUL flavor. this meal that takes minutes to make. great with our parmesan garlic bread recipe.
- 1 package thin spaghetti - (or your favorite pasta)
- 1/4 cup olive oil -
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 (24 ounce) can crushed tomatoes -
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste -
- 3 tablespoons capers -
- 1/2 cup greek olives - coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes - or to taste
- bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- heat oil in a skillet over low heat. add the garlic and cook in oil until light brown. add tomatoes, and cook 5 minutes. stir in anchovy paste, tomato paste, capers, olives, and red pepper flakes. let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. toss pasta with sauce, and serve.