red velvet brownies
this valentines day, i tried to come up with something that i knew my hubby would love. he is a chocolate lover, which means brownies are very high on his list. so to be festive, i knew that red velvet brownies would be perfect. he said and i quote, 'these brownies are the best brownies i have ever had!' bingo! that was EXACTLY what i was going for! 🙂 these brownies are rich and decadent! perfect treat for valentines day.
- 1/2 cup butter - chopped
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips -
- 3/4 cup sugar -
- 1/2 cup brown sugar -
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract -
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring -
- 3 eggs -
- 1 1/2 cup flour -
- 1/4 teaspoon salt -
- 1/2 cup white chocolate - chopped, plus garnish
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. line a 9x9 inch baking pan with foil so the edges hang over the side. grease or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- microwave the butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 seconds intervals, until just melted. remove from microwave and stir until melted. allow to cool for about 5 minutes. blend in the sugars, vanilla, red food color and eggs on at a time. dust in the flour and salt, mixing until just combined. fold in the white chocolate chips. spoon the batter into the prepared pan, spreading into an even layer.
- bake until set, about 40 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. remove from oven and let cool. using the aluminum foil handles hanging over the side, gently lift the brownies out of the pan. cut into squares and garnish with white chocolate curls.
4 responses to red velvet white chocolate brownies