my hubby and i were looking for easy cinco de mayo recipes to make. my husband had a great idea of using all of the ingredients in a traditional sofrito in a shrimp stir fry. the sound of it made my mouth water! i cut the veggies in bite size pieces instead mincing them in a food processor or blender. i added some cream to finish the recipe and it finished it off nicely. you gotta try this one.
- 3/4 lb shrimp (12 ounces) - (i used size 41-60)
- 4 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1 onion - chopped in large chunks
- 1/2 large green bell pepper - chopped in large chunks
- 3 roma tomatoes - chopped in large chunks
- 1/3 cup heavy cream -
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro -
heat the canola oil in a large pan over medium high heat. once hot, add the shrimp. season with salt/pepper and toss for a few minutes. add in the garlic, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes. season with salt/pepper and saute for a minutes allowing the veggies to soften slightly. add in the heavy cream and cilantro. taste, season accordingly and let simmer for a couple minutes until flavors marry. serve over rice or noodles.