simple chocolate chip cookies
being the mother of 4 young kids, i find that i must have 'cookie maker' embroidered on my forehead. i usually have to stay stocked with butter and chocolate chips to make sure i am following my duties. the family cookie jar is almost always kept full and i take pride in making them happy. one day, when my kids asked for some cookies, i was not in the mood. i made the batter, then dumped the entire cookie batter into a skillet and baked it. who doesn't like a giant cookie? i sliced it like a pie, dolloped on some ice cream... heaven. it's called my chocolate chip cookie skillet. either way, this chocolate chip cookie recipe is the basis to some yummy cookies and happy little ones... and big ones, too. 🙂
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) - room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar -
- 3/4 cup brown sugar -
- 1 egg -
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract -
- 2 cups all purpose flour -
- 1 teaspoon baking soda -
- 2 cups semi- sweet chocolate chips -
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees. line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. set aside.
- in a large bowl mix together the butter and the sugars with a blender well blended and creamy.
- add in the egg and vanilla.
- sift in the flour and baking soda over the mixture. blend until just combined. fold in the chocolate chips.
- dollop about a tablespoon of the batter into your hand and roll into a ball. place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet.
- bake for 12 - 14 minutes. they will firm as they cool.
remember to try this recipe as a chocolate chip cookie skillet, too!
4 responses to simple chocolate chip cookies